Friday, March 29, 2013

Justin Timberlake's "Mirrors" Video Ft. James!


In 2010, I had a crazy idea of just putting some shoots together in NYC. I was going to be there anyway for one of my best friend's birthdays, so why not make a dream come true, right? I went on ModelMayhem (which was different then!) and I landed some models, a stylist, and a make-up artist and shot them over 2 days. It was tons of fun, and I was free to just shoot.


One of the models I contacted and ended up working with was James. I was drawn to his vintage look. He had been modeling and acting a little while, but was starting to get serious about it and wanted different shots. We met at the South Street Seaport and did some classic type shots there, and then wandered down back roads to shoot some more. We really got along, had the same mindsets, and together we captured really cool images showing a lot of different looks. After our shoot, he took me to lunch where we chatted about the differences of Atlanta and NYC among other things. I loved working with him, and his images are still some of my favorites to this day (some snapshots below). I have a large photo from this session in my studio, and all the guys want a shot like his, and all the girls wonder where he lives!

Even though it's been a couple of years, we've stayed friends (thanks Facebook!) and I have seen him do more fashion shows and films, but I was BEYOND EXCITED today when I was flipping channels and saw Justin Timberlake's new video for his song "Mirrors". I bought JT's album and have been enjoying it so I was interested in this video. I stared at the TV for a minute, and sure enough there is James in the lead role! I went to Facebook to see if my eyes were deceiving me, and there was the truth that he was in it (the lead young guy in the denim jacket). I love seeing my clients accomplish great things and I'm so happy for him! Check out the official video here! It really is touching, and I love how it shows the 2 couples and has a story.









No comments: