Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Get Connected Atlanta // Interview

 

As you know, Atlanta is a big player in the acting scene. There are tons of actors, models, producers, execs and etc all coming to Atlanta to shoot the latest TV series and even movies. A few months ago I found out about unbelievable get together called Get Connected. It is for anyone in the entertainment industry and is just bursting with creativity and energy! I loved it, and felt like it was so me, and I am sooo happy there is something like this here! I really am thankful for the opportunities it provides for everyone to "connect"!

Last month (July 28) I was a featured vendor and was interviewed for their TV show that will be shown on their website and Facebook pages to a few thousand (yes...thousand!) people. Talk about nerves building up! I was one of the last interviews and it was close to midnight, but I think it turned out pretty well. I was supposed to be interviewed by myself, but I spotted my dear friend and make-up artist Gwynnis Mosby and chatted with her and then asked if she would like to go on with me. I think it turned out much better than if it was just me, it really proves what a great combination make-up and photography are, and how it really can give you the best finished product.

I'll admit, it is a weird emotion and feeling seeing yourself on film. At first I could not believe how thick my accent is, how my lipstick had faded, oh, did I really just say that? and of course I can could go and on...You know, everyone is their own worst critic, so I am working really hard to just enjoy these opportunities I have been given to meet people, and to get my business out there to such a wide audience! After 4 years, I feel like I am so in control, and am so happy to be where I am today. Not a day goes by that I am not so incredibly thankful to my  family, friends and clients who allow me the opportunities and the support to do what I love! Thanks for watching (and please excuse the mis-spelling of our names)!

No comments: